Thursday, September 13, 2012

No YOU Cry It Out.

Has anyone ever said that Motherhood is hard? Yes, I know. No one ever shares the real nitty gritty dirty truth. But I will.


This stuff is like a slap in the face some days. Then again, some days it makes my heart skip a gazillion beats. At times I wonder how I ever made it past my single days with Charli or how I will ever make it out of my sleepless year of Bryar. I have struggled in the deepest hole to been the happiest lady in the world. This is a rollercoaster of emotions and work, yet men still ask us why we are emotional? Come on now...

For the last many (because I truly cannot remember how long it has been) I have been working with Bryar on getting him to sleep through the night as well as being able to calm himself down. Some nights we have a great routin of:

-Rocking with night bottle of 8 oz. (some nights with cereal - it does not matter, he still wakes)
-Laying him down
-He wakes up
-I let him CIO for at least 10 minutes if not longer - but I do calm him in the process
-Then I rock him for less than 2 minutes and he is o.u.t

Most nights when I go back into calm him he is sweating like crazy, practically shaking, one night his pants were at his ankles and two times lately he has thrown up in the floor. Really? This is nothing like anything that I ever experienced with Charli. The first time I was really just baffled by it and had Curtis to calm him while I cleaned it up. But last night, I couldn't help but to almost laugh at the fact that this boy just needs to snap out of it, before Mommy snaps out of her sanity. (not kidding kidding.)

Then tonight Charli was worried about a dream that she had a month ago were I was shot and killed. Horrible, I know! But she was fine and then suddenly she threw up out of nowhere. Luckily, she made it to the bathroom. Is this how it is going to go? We all get upset and throw up around here. Hopefully not and hopefully she is completely fine but for now I am going to go take a hot bath and smile at the fact that both kiddos are asleep and I do not hear any crying. I win tonight.



5 comments:

Joeylee said...

We've had rough nights around our house in the past. Nothin where they threw up. But kaylee use to do the CIO and she would be disgustingly sweaty but she her sleeplessness only lasted a couple weeks

Meredith said...

love the pics, so cute!! I wish I could just get Millie to sleep in her bassinet my Dad made her, she's out as long as she sleeps in my bed with me, but then i pick her up and put her in her bassinet and she's crying, I've tried the crying it out and she just cries and cries, she still must sleep swaddled or I wouldn't get ANY sleep. It's crazy how these things work and I'm not apposed to co-sleeping, since it's just me in a king size bed, but I don't want to co-sleep forever!! Did you co-sleep at all with Charli?

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Awww I am two weeks in and I Can't
Even imagine sleeping through the night...little man loves to sleep but getting there is the worst
For him...he cries and cries!! Looks like small victories is all we need some Nights!! Go mom!!

Kim said...

You poor Momma!! I can hardly deal with 1 child, and its hard enough but I can't imagine what you all go through with more than 1. I dont think Id have enough patience like you do. Lol Hope things get better for you gal. I've been dealing with Hunter's bad behavior lately and I guess screaming at him doesn't help much. :( Praying for ya!!

Katie @ Chronicles of KT said...

I'm so sorry, I wish I had some great advice or something, I don't but I will be praying for y'all, this has got to be so stressful!

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved