So today during nap time as I was scrolling through Pinterest, I came across a pin titled, "Ten Things To Never Day To Someone On Bed rest." So I clicked on it thinking, oh this is so for me when i was on bed rest! But, I was wrong because I was not a in the hospital during both of my long bed rest days. So here is list for at home bed rest ladies. Some of these you may think WTC about but I promise you they are true.
1. "I am so jealous of you! I wish I could lay around all day." Seriously? After the first two days of sleeping and watching TV, it sucks. The days are long and so boring.
2. "Well, you're only gaining weight because you are having to be in bed." Thank you for pointing out the fact that I am a whale.
3. "It is such a pretty day outside." Throat punch.
4. "I am going to the mall with Katie today." What? Thank you for telling me your fun plans as I lay here watching TLC all day.
5. "You are a human incubator." Well, I'll be... That is not the millionth time I have heard that today. Really guys. We know this, that is why we are doing whatever we can to keep the baby in!
6. "I went to CFA today and it was so busy." You better not ever visit my pregnant self (if I ever am again) with CFA sweet tea and waffle fries...oh and try not to forget the Polynesian sauce. Many thanks...
7. "You better sleep all you can because when the baby gets here you will be exhausted." No actually never say this to any pregnant woman. I am pretty sure we never signed up for the crying all night, getting peed on, and throw up all over our clean outfit thinking it would be a breeze.
8. "So, are you finished having babies since you are having to be on bed rest?" Ok. Just go ahead and take your shoe off, then insert it into your mouth. Never ever ever ask a Mom this. None of your business. End of story.
So if I ever have to be on bed rest again, come back and read my list before you call or stop by ;)