Monday, December 2, 2013

Our Thanksgiving

I'm not sure if I love Thanksgiving so much due to the reflection of my countless blessings, the food and fellowship or the reminder that Christmas is soon to arrive. This year we celebrated very low key but I loves every minute of it. I tried filling our time with crafts and reminders to cherish loved ones by letting them know how much we are blessed to have them. 

Our first craft was something that Charli and I started several years ago. My Mom helped us make these, "Blessing Bags" as kids and we would take them to elderly people in our area. I remember one gentlemen who was so thankful that he did not let us leave until we had a Baggie full of change for our piggy banks. Now my friends, these are what memories are made of. 

We started the bags by letting Charli make Turkey handprints on them. Bryar made one too but he got super excited and stamped everything in sight. The next morning we made brownies, banana bread and cookie to place in them. Although I wish I would of had more time to add pumpkin muffins but maybe next year. 


We filled the bags with goodies and then gave them out to our neighbors and some family. I accidentally forgot the rest at home when visiting my family but hopefully they know how much we love them! 


The night before Thanksgiving the kids made Indian vest and painted all over them. This was tons of fun for them and Charli especially loved it since they have not made any at her school. {Strange I know.} 



Charli was very serious about her vest. Then after seeing the fun Bryar was having while making a mess she went a little wild too. She also named her self Daisy Sunset. 



Bryar worked very had at getting as dirty as possible so he could enjoy his bubble bath afterwards. This boy has a bubble obsession.


My Mother in law also had the kids to stamp their hands on her table runner to start a new tradition with. I think this is such a cute idea and will be so neat seeing their hands over the years. 


We shared Thanksgiving lunch with Curtis' family and dinner with mine. Sadly, Curtis worked a security detail due to the crazies at Target so he missed dinner. But he was able to grab a deal later than night which has officially made my non-coffee loving self fall in love with the Keurig. I may just turn into a cup of hot cocoa before it is over with! 

This was such a wonderful day of amazing food and family time! 

3 comments:

Constant Family said...

I seen him there! Thankfully all the crazies were gone by the time I got there.

Kelley said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! I LOVE the table runner idea.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You are such a sweet mama!!! I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved