Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Our Little House Makeover

This Spring I have been working on having a "greener thumb" and fixing up our yard. I've learned that I really enjoy yard work and taking on new task to better our property. Since Curtis has been working so many hours and we have had some down time, I've taken this role on. We have a small garden out by the corn field, and I cannot wait to learn more about growing our own vegetables. 

One of the small tasks that I had been dying to taken on was to fix up an area for our play house. Bryar has never been a fan of going into it because even though he is all boy, he HATES bugs. Grass seems to cause all sorts of little creatures to gather in these homes. 

My first task was to spray weed killer then wait a few weeks to make sure everything was dead. Then I spread newspaper out before placing mulch on top (Note to self: Make sure the newspaper does not include a very important article about your Husband's awesome fight and arrest at work. Yep.. Wife fail.) Using the newspaper will help eliminate any weeds fom growing to quickly through the mulch. 

Next we went down on the farm and gathered rocks. The kids really enjoyed being big rock collectors.


I placed the rocks that we found as the outline if the mulch. Which was budget friendly as well as cute! 


I then planted some left over annuals infront of the house to just make it a little more, "cute." I'm sure all of my little girlies that I watch throughout the week will enjoy them - or stomp them by accident ;) 

My Mom gave me two flowers for Mother's Day and I planted them in a bucket that was left over from a birthday party a few years back. I purchased a pinwheel for Bryar to play with and once he was finished I planted it in the ground as well. I also remembered that I had a set of numbers that had been lying in my file box for years and thought they would be cute as "house numbers." 

Altogether I spent around $5 for the mulch. Everything else we already had at our home or was given to us. It is so much more cute and now the littles can play without the itchy grass tickling their feet. Hopefully they will enjoy this new little addition as much as I have making it! 


2 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You did a great job!!! It looks SO cute!

Fancy at the Farm said...

So CUTE!!! I love seeing your IG pictures and your blog is precious!!!

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved