Thursday, October 9, 2014

Gut Wrenching.

This Wednesday my Dad started his chemotherapy and radiation journey. This process will be for 6 weeks then he will have surgery in hopes of removing the mass. The chemo will be taken in the morning and at night while he has to go into the office for radiation. Because of this process he will not be able to work during this journey. As for any person who is a hard worker and a provider for his family, this is a tough task to swallow. 

With my Dad being an owner-operator truck driver this is also a life changing event. Around a year ago he purchased a dream truck, it was white and chromed out to rhe largest extent. It was so nice that he was asked to bring it to a national truck show held in Lousiville, Kentucky earlier this year. He holds a great passion for his career and he vehicles he drives. You could catch him outside in the rain, sleet or even snow cleaning in rig to make sure it was spiffy for the next go around. 

On Tuesday, my Mom called to tell me that he sold his truck. It was a shocker to us all as we really didn't even see this as an option. He told her that it was a God that and even though it was bittersweet, he was relieved to not stress abou the payments for the time being. Which I admire for having the strength and making the sacrifice. 

I will just be honest though and say that it literally has ripped my heart into pieces for him. I've caught myself crying several times for him and having to give up so much of him because of this, "bad C word." It makes me just want to lay down in the floor and throw a Bryar fit until this person returns the truck. But is that really possible? Of course not. 

This is just a big thing to swallow as his daughter. To know his love and where his passion lies and to see it go. It breaks me for him although I can gaurntee that this kid will never be able to make it shine and sparkle like he can. I continue to tell myself that there are a million other trucks but there will never be a man like him. I just pray that God has the perfect rig waiting to be purchased at the end of this journey with a clean bill of health.


Shine on

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry - My prayers are with you guys during this difficult time.
That is a pretty sweet truck!

Kelsey said...

Hate that for you all! I am a radiation therapist in Oklahoma and I know how gut wrenching all of this is; thinking for you all!

Ashlynn said...

I think of you and your family often and you are all constantly in my prayers. I am so sorry you all are having to go through this. Big hugs sent your way.

Fancy at the Farm said...

Paige, I am so sorry! I hate the "C" word and will be lifting up your Dad and family in prayers.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Sending prayers his way! XOXO

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved