Monday, July 13, 2015

He's More Than Just A Dog

Growing up on in the middle of nowhere in Kentucky, we were destined to have dogs. What would country life be without 4 paws and a best friend to chase along side you? We had Dalmatians which are still to this day, a breed that I love. 

I will be honest and say that I'm an animal lover although I had never been overly obsessed with loving on fur babies. Then, I became a Mom to his man...


He stole my heart from the beginning. Of course at first I was a little nervous because, well the dog has an occupation. Dogs aren't suppose to have occupations? 


They're suppose to be cuddly, and playful. But that's the thing. I'm lucky enough to be a Mom of a dog who is blessed every characteristic possible. 


But he's more than just a dog. He's a best friend. A partner when things go wrong. A very loud conversation starter as someone walks by the cruiser. 


He's fierce yet, gentle. The way he loves is unexplainable. His heart is a gaint, and the cuddles are quiet enormous. His bite is something criminals never want to experience. But kisses are craved by our children. 


His super sniffing nose keeps the convict of their toes, and my Husband intact. His teeth chatter when he smells dinner cooking. Because he knows he's not allowed. 


His paws are as big as my face and he loves to remind me with them when I stop scratching his head. He's more than just a dog and more like another child.


He knows when it's time to go to work, and paces the floor until his partner is ready. He can jump as high as the door frame while waiting to go outside. We sometimes think he's part kangaroo. 


If you scratch his head just right he will slowly close his eyes and put his weight in you as he falls asleep. He thinks he's a lap dog, even though he weighs a whoppin' seventy five pounds. 



Don't be surprised if he chatters his teeth by your ears, he's become a pro at removing earrings with his front teeth over the years. He more than just a big dog, but a security system when, "Dad" is gone too. 


He isn't a fan of fireworks. Of course he thinks he needs to rip something (like our master bedroom mattress) to shreds at the sound of unwanted, "gun fire." He doesn't like when we play wrestle in the house, but he loves when bed time is announced. 


Come to find out I'm more than just a Mom of two children, but also a Mom to Gunner. He's apart of my world, and looks to us for care. His eyes are contasntly filled with love and as he grows older I also grow more in love with him.  He's more than just a dog, he's apart of my heart. 



2 comments:

Toni :O) said...

I'm a massive dog mom and I love this post. I used to have a German Shepard when I was a small child and loved her. Beautiful dog you have and a great protector.

labride said...

Love this, and his personality! I'm laughing at the jumping picture.

My cousin use to breed German Shepards and they are quite the interesting breed. On of her big babies jumped straight through a screen door when it thundered one day. I'll never forget that one lol!

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved