Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Servants Heart.

I recently taught my former Mission Friends four and five year old class that we are able to be help our church even in the smallest ways. I have always taught my children that we can be helpers of all kinds. As Charli has grown, I have noticed more and more how sweet and precious her heart is. She has a servants heart. I wish that I could learn from her rather than vice versa. I am sure that I will notice things from Bryar as he continues to grow and mature.

In our class we discussed ways that we could help. I then let each child pick a popsicle stick with a task to accomplish during the week. They were all so excited to complete their listed item. Each stick was written with easy accomplishments; clean up in Sunday School, holding the door for someone, saying, "Thank you" to a pastor, or a choir member.  Not only were these children excited to help someone, I could see in their smiles that they felt as if they were making a difference.


So, my question is..

Why do we as adult God fearing Christian men and women. just as myself continue to fail in such areas? My heart has been in a boat wading in a sea of mixed emotions since Friday's Supreme Court ruling. I can whole heartedly state that my heart is not content with where America is leading and I dislike the many decisions that have been made in the recent days. Even through the non-contentment of my heart, I can see that our generation of Christianity is in a magnificent time of our religion period.

Our work just as my little helpers in class is huge. We have the opportunity now more than ever to show love. Love? How easy can it be to show love when we do not agree with the decisions that someone is making, or their choice of sin? It isn't. But as Christians, we must shine His love. 

         You Shall love your neighbor as yourself. Love does no wrong to a neighbor therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Besides this you know the time, that the hour of salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed. The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light.
- Romans 12:9-12
 
 
Then, again my heart ached and tears filled my eyes as I went back and read over Romans 1:22 again.
" Claiming to be wise, they became foolish."
 
My heart wept as I thought of the quarrels that have begun, and the hatred that has been sat out in place rather than love. Our guest Sunday School teacher spoke this Sunday morning of the true meaning of, "wise." He stated that we sometimes mix this word up with intelligence, or even the term, "book smart." I could not agree more that being wise means the knowledge of His word, whether it is through life experiences or biblical study. I can say that I am not yet wise. I am only a young Christian learning and eagerly wanting to be filled with wisdom.
 
That my friends is why I have yet to publically speak of the Supreme Court ruling. I've voiced my concerns to my family, and have sat my nine year old daughter down to explain to her the times America has come into. But I have yet to throw scriptures out to where they are intended to be used as anything but wise person sharing their knowledge. Do I understand the bible wholeheartedly? No. So as a Christian, my position is to study. To wrap my mind, around scripture and begin to understand.
 
Why?
 
Because friends, we have a job to do. We have a light to shine now more than ever.
 
 
"For all have sinned and fall short in the glory of God."
Romans 3:23
 
I must remember as a young Christian, a woman longing to one day soon be wise in the word of the Lord, that now is a time to be His servant. His love can shine now during this historical period, more than ever. I can even be the smallest of servants by not shining hate through social media. I can love, even when it is hardest to do so. I can learn by even my littlest friends by putting a smile on my face as I head into this world that needs His love, more than ever. Will this be an easy task? No. I'm actually swallowing my words at this moment, while butterflies fill my soul because I know that this is not a task that will be easily fulfilled. But I promise, that a life of glory leads better than a life of foolishness.
 
A flag may change, colors may vary but the Glory of the Lord will remain.
 

1 comment:

Fancy at the Farm said...

I could not agree more with you. Thank you for sharing your heart. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved