Sunday, September 13, 2015

28, is just a number right?

My birthday falls on September 11. I know, I know. Take a moment and gasp, or awe if you wish. I hear it every time I tell someone the tragic date, is also the date that I celebrate my birthday. Each year, I reminisce back to the choir class that I was in chatting with friends, as we heard the news and turned on the television. Even though we are practically across the country, our hearts, mindsets, and worlds changed that day. Sadly still, it is my day of celebration on being on Earth with my family.

So each year, while in remembrance of each person we do so while blowing out birthday candles. It isn't only my birthday but my precious (now four years old) nephews birthday too. He somewhat, stole my center of attention, and decided to arrive 7 weeks early on this fabulous date as well. 



But, what more fun can I have than picking on him while telling him it was totally my birthday FIRST


My parents were gracious enough to celebrate with the children, my sisters family, and myself for our birthdays. The one thing about me that is probably worldly known, is that I am a foodie. So much so, that growing up my nickname was, and maybe still is Pig.

Yes, that's a tiny bit embarrassing as I grow older and even more so that I am married to a police officer. But I cannot lie, and say that it doesn't make me giggle. Anyhow, being the foodie that I am my parents let me pick what restaurant that I wanted to celebrate at for the night.

Of course, I picked a family style sit down meal that was a spread of country ham, pork chops, friend chicken and vegetables to match. Take about delicious.

I may have loved on the country ham, a little too much.



My silly Dad has jokes.



For dessert, I enjoyed Maple Pecan Banana Cake.



Can I get an amen?


Literally, if you are ever looking for a Bed and Breakfast to visit, with a sweet little town in tote, I highly suggest Federal Grove in Auburn, Kentucky. 


To me, 28 is just a number. I quit keeping up with the years sometime after the little princess in my life was born and I jumped ages by fifteen plus years. I may be getting closer to thirty, but I'm one more day close to another amazing memory with my sweet family.





No comments:

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved