Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Movin' On up ... To Sergeant!

I am thankfully blessed to be a wife to a very hardworking Husband and Father. His dedication to any activity that he is in shows just how much he puts his heart into all that be does. As most of you know, Curtis has been the k9 deputy for our local sheriffs department for the last 6 1/2 years. He's literally put more blood, sweat, tears and thoughts than I would've ever dreamed of doing. Which obviously is the reason why I am the wife of an Law Enforcement officer, rather than being one.

Curtis has always has the ambition to rise within the department, and knew that one day he would challenge himself to do so. So, when the opportunity arrived for him to proceed with an interview, I knew that he would accomplish it easily. 

We spent many nights laying around going over calls, and even drove home from vacation running scenarios by one another to prepare him mentally. This is one of the many times I can thank God for my background in 911 telecommunications. 

But really, I was absolutely zero help. 

The dude has a way with words (obviously, he now has me as a wife ;) ha!) and is the best at giving advice for interviews. 


As you can see, he was promoted to Sergerant and is able to keep his first shift position. {Praise The Lord!} There are many worries in being an LEO family, and one of them is the possible change in shifts. 

I was able to host a quick surprise get together Sunday night for Curtis to celebrate his promotion with family and friends. It was wonderful to be able to see families, that I often do not get to see. I believe he enjoyed the night relaxing before his new adventure started.


Some questions have been asked by many if this means Curtis will no longer be k9. The answer is he now has the title of Sgt. K9 until Gunner retires. Gunner is aging, and the work is strenuous to police dogs, so Curtis will be able to decide when it is time for G msn to retire. I will be honest and say that my heart doesn't do well with change. Anytime this subject is brought up, I begin to cry. The Mom in me just gets a little too emotional over the fur babe. But I do believe that this promotion is the best thing for Curtis, and a way for Gunner to slow down and enjoy life more. 

Please continue to pray for Curtis and all other LEO's. This is such a frightening time that we are living in to see such horrendous acts made upon men and women who sacrifice so much.

 

No comments:

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved