Sunday, September 7, 2008



My mom took this picture before we left for church sunday morning. Every since Charli and I have started attending church services with my mother at East Willow Church of God. I look forward to Sundays more. Not only to share the time with my two favs; mom and charli beth. But to be at the most wonderful feeling place in the world. When you step into the doors of this church if you dont feel the spirit there is something sure wrong with you. If you dont get the Lord's word out of Bro. Danny's preaching somethings wrong. I have never attended a Church of God regulary. My family has always went to Baptist church. A church that I will not name. I do not want to slander anyone or to even make someone feel that I am judging them in a way that I shouldnt. I'm just going to take a few moments to "make Bro. danny's head a bit bigger" lol. I have always felt that when becoming a preacher you do not take on just the responsibilties of sharing the word with your church members, but also helping them in times of need. Preachers are suppose to care about their members, the way they are living their lives, if their family is on the rocks, and so forth. Not just care about the family that they have of their own.
The church that I have just left from has never worried about the finding the good things in my life. Just being honest here. Everytime something goes wrong or they think that I may have started a new relationship up. Someone was to always put there nose, exactly where it does not belong. That is not what church is for. Church is for praising the big man above that has given us the ability and gifts that we have and recieve each and every day. I have honestly had a woman come to me and ask if I was messing with any of the officers that I work with since I hadnt been coming to church. (Are you kidding me?) When my daughter has been sick, in and out of the hospital. That preacher was never there. I believe out of all the times she was there, he called once. I could never describve how empty that has made me feel. Yes, there is plenty of thing that I could have been doing for this church. But exactly why would I want to be somewhere that I dont feel wanted? My mom started going to East Willow right before the last time Charli Beth was in the hospital for seizures. Guess who came to visit. Good ole' Bro. Danny Patrick. At the time I really didnt know anything about him besides my mom and some other family members telling me that he was such a great man of the Lord. And goodness, wasnt they right. There isnt a time that I go into the doors of East Willow without coming out around 2 o'clock with a heart of gold and huge smile on my face. We always play with Charli Beth saying that she has already had to much Church of God and we better get back to Baptist to get some of that spirit out of her. Are you kidding me? That spirit has just begun and I cant wait to see what else this church does with my life. =)
Charli and I took a trip to Glasgow today. I love our small little roadtrips where we can sing and dance with people driving by looking at us like we are crazy. She makes me the happiest person in the world. I get so tickled at her and start to cry thinking that times have flown by since she was just a little 4 lb 2 oz baby. Its amazing how fast they grow. I have a couple of friends that are starting to not come around and not speak as much anymore because Im a mother and I work all the time. But I am a point in my career that this is what it takes. Its not games anymore, this is my life. There are a couple of things that I want to acheive in the next couple of months that is going to take up even more of my time that I have already lost but I'm okay with that. I wont get to spend as much time with Charli but like I stated above, it's what it is going to take. I'm so excited about the future of everything that is going on in my life.

No comments:

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved