Friday, March 5, 2010

I l-o-v-e Facebook.

What in the world would I do without facebook while I am at work? Seriously, I have the most boring j.o.b in the world. Minus that time that I worked at the carousel in the mall ..What?! But then again, some nights work is pretty awesome, when we are able to chill and watch movies, etc. Although, the nights like tonight after little sleep and shopping my badonkadonk off at Lil Angels Attic Sale, and now all of the officers are ...hiding? I am bored. But thank you facebook for saving this Momma from dying of boredom.

Sometimes I really hate Facebook statuses, because they would look like like the following:
"going to pee, brushing my teeth and hair, washing my face, go to bed, wake up, drop the kids off at daycare, go to work, go to the grocery, pick the kids back up, fix supper, give baths and get ready for bed"

Yea, maybe not that dramatic, but really I could care less what you peeps do all day long. Or some may look like this:
"I really wish that my daughter would grow up and start taking care of her kids."
...this isn't Topix people, keep it classy. mmk?

I think it would be a fabulous time to share this:

{haha, i love it.}


Minus all of the above, what I do love about Facebook statuses are the amazing quotes that people come up with. I love reading them, and then being able to sit back and think of how that "quote" can relate to my life or how it can make my day a little better by reading it. Remember my first giveaway, located here, one of the entries where for you to let me know your favorite quote! So cute {I thought?!?} and I loved reading them! You guys should most definitely leave me a comment with your favorite quotes, since I have a ton of new followers since then!

Here are some of my favorites that I have seen on FB lately:
* Morals make the man, but his actions create his character {my favorite so far}
*Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending
*Have faith and your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter where you have come from keep believing in yourself and the life that you long for will come true. ~author unkown
*To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. ~Anatole France
*Happiness is a state of activity. Not having what you want, but wanting what you have.

Okay, on to a serious note! Please pray for my friend Nikki & her husband Dustin, who are expecting Kaylee Nicole very soon. Nikki is only 33 weeks pregnant and went to her regular doctor visit today, after talking to her doctor about some cramping and other issues he decided to check her and she is 3 centimeters dilated which was a huge shocker for us all. Not kidding, I seriously thought she was joking! She is also 90% effaced, they have decided to keep her in L & D to continue shots & mag drip to try and keep her contractions under control. From the last time that I spoke to her, it doesn't seem to be working although she is not in any pain. After her next steroid shot, which should be this afternoon at 6:30, they will start to take her off of the mag. Please say a special prayer for Kaylee, that her lungs will be developed and she will make a wonderful entrance into the world! Thank you!

11 comments:

Lea Liz said...

Add me on Facebook girl!! Look up Lea Liz Roland!

praying for your friend!!

Laura said...

Add me too on FB!!!! Laura Humble

I have never Laughed so hard! That video was Awesome.

I loved your post on my blog! Trust me, it totally made sense. those Firemen are HOtt!

Thank you for all your encourageing words! Wish i lived there too.. .love me a little fireman eye candy ;)

Laura

Laura said...

Praying for your Friend !!

Gina said...

I am super duper addicted to Facebook. And I am equally distraught and relieved that I can't get on Facebook at work because I would get NOTHING done! Praying for your friend and that sweet baby!

Jamie said...

What did I do before Facebook? I'm always so addicted to it!

But I agree...I don't like the statuses that tell about every little detail!

I'm sorry to hear about your friend :( I pray that everything goes well!

Annie said...

That video is awesome!!
I am ALSO addicted to facebook. That is how I get all of my gossip. I will say something to my sis or Ryan and they are like, how do you know that?!.....um, Facebook, DUH :)
hahaha

Praying for your friend!

Kenj said...

That video = hilarious. I actually deleted my facebook. I just got sick of it. I really don't miss it either.
Praying for a safe delivery for your friend.!

RN Mama said...

Praying for your friend!

I have given up Facebook for Lent this year, so thanks for letting me get a little "fix" by reading your blog:)!

Stephanie said...

Love me some Facebook!!!!!! Glad it can get you through the long hours :)

Heather said...

Praying for your friends! I have mixed feelings about FB, I am not on there a whole lot, and what's up with all these games people play. Some take it so seriously!

Becca said...

Facebook is SO addicting!

I will be praying for your friends. Please keep us updated!

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved