Friday, December 3, 2010

Are you sisters?

It seems to be a reoccurring question for individuals lately to ask if Charli Beth and I are sister or if she is my daughter. Which I assume is understandable being that I possibly look like I am twelve at times, and we do kinda act like sisters majority of the time. I'm not exactly sure if this comes from being a young parent or if it is because certain days I act like a kid myself. We constantly play fight, pull pranks on one another and are always giggling about something. It is truly a blessing to have your daughter as a best friend. I never really did understand that phrase until Charli was born; whenever my heart started walking around outside of my body.

Some people say that I am doing nothing but spoiling Charli by taking her out to eat, eating ice cream for breakfast and doing Mommy/Daughter dates on a regular basis. But the way that I look at it is we are friends and friends hang out, they have girl time and girl talks, so we will continue to do this and making these wonderful memories for as long as we can. Because the good Lord knows there will come a day, that I will not be the cool Mom to my girl (boo.)

For now, I may get frustrated and angry with her constantly because at times I just do not understand the sassy stage that she is in. But I am truly blessed to be able to be apart of Charli's beautiful life. Some days I become so very forgetful with all that I am blessed with and she is for sure at the top of my list."Such a big miracle, in such a little girl."

11 comments:

Keli said...

When my son was younger people would always think he was my mom's. I still get comments all the time that I am too young to be his mom.

Becca said...

Awe! What a sweet post! I can definitely relate to the "sassy stage". Autumn has been driving us nuts lately. She's acting like a 14 year old. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact that she's used to getting what she wants but I agree with what you said, it's hard NOT to do things for them that may or may not spoil them because one day they may not want YOU to be the one that spoils them! SO enjoy it now!!!! Soak every bit of it up!!!

Elizabeth said...

What a sweet post!! I get so excited when I read stuff like this about a mother and her child. I cannot wait till the day I can write and talk about this.
I say keep doing what you're doing. CB will look back and cherish all the fun times you shared.

Erin said...

so so so true! Enjoy this time while you can because like you said she won't always want to be around you all the time and soon enough her friends will just be more important then spending a friday or saturday night with her mommy! Sad to say but true . . so enjoy it girl and go on lots of mommy daughter dates!

Anonymous said...

I have wanted to comment several times in the past and just haven't.
I love your blog, not sure how I found u.. but I think YOU are a very blessed daughter, and mother.
Charli Beth is so lucky to have a mom like you.
I'm a grown mother my "baby" is 9 she is way closer to her dad and I than my oldest daughter is.. she is 20. even though I love her uncondionally she rather not have a thing in the world to do w/me. it breaks my heart. (we raised this same girl the same way we raised her brother and her sister)
and I don't know,even though you are 3 yrs. older than my daughter, I guess I sometimes think my girl may or may not be thinking or doing like you! crazy hu? ~sorry I'm NOT crazy, just wish my older daughter loved me 1/2 as much as you do your mom!
keep up the good work! you are a great girl!!
T in Tx.

Sharstin said...

what a sweet post! love it:) you are such a cute mom, and you two look so much alike!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I think you are doing an amazing job with Charli Beth. She knows you're her Mom and in the important stuff you play that role. There is nothing wrong with also playing the friend role. You're a girl, you know the time is coming when Mom is the enemy! So enjoy it now. I think you ladies are making one awesome lifelong relationship :)

Rosie said...

This is so sweet! Just know that she will ALWAYS remember these fun times ya'll share. I too, was a Momma's Girl and truly cherish thsoe times we shared while I was a kid.

Charlee said...

Thank you for stopping by! Your daughters name is adorable! And she is adorable as well!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I love the first picture! She's lucky to have you! :)
Last year, at the beginning of Dylan's Pre-K year, I got asked several times if I was his nanny. Nobody believed I was almost 30!

Kristin said...

I have two daughters!! And I absolutely love having girls! They are so so fun..I am also dreading the years when mom is not cool!

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved