Friday, December 3, 2010

Heading to state!

A few posts ago, I mentioned that our boys were the region high school football champions and were heading to Louisville Western to play for the semi-state championship. I then failed to mention that they won!

Tonight these players and coaches are heading to Western Kentucky University to play for the State Championship against Boyle County.

Boyle County has the longest winning streak in Kentucky with 29 games so far, are back to back state champs, their ex head coach is now a coach for University of Kentucky and have a player that is the size of Goliath .

Shew! I feel a bit over whelmed saying all of that!

But what matters most right now is these boys have the will and the determination to win this championship. Can it be done by our small town? Yes.

& Yes, even though I have been out of school for five years I will be there in my red, white and blue bundled up because this is history folks! This is the first time that little ole ACS has even been to state championship in football!

I honestly get chills every time I speak of it. No matter if these boys win tonight or not, they have made a huge impact on everyone, it has made our entire town go back to our high school days and I absolutely stinking loveeee it!

So watch out Bowling Green, our town will be invading you with a total red out tonight =)

“Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them; a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”
- Muhammad Ali

Good luck to our Boys of Fall!


4 comments:

heather g said...

I hope they win and think they can.I cant believe this is happening.I havent been to any of the games but have kept up and very happy and excited about this.wish i could go tonight but cant.wish this would have happened when we were in school but its still good. :) Enjoy the game!

Danielle said...

Good luck! My husband's high school team is going to state too (different class though). He debated on going but Bowling Green isn't exactly close to us. I love seeing the small-town support though. Growing up in Lexington (the big city), I guess we just took it for granted because we didn't have nearly the school spirit as my husband's school, for instance. By the way, feel free to cheer for Belfry too (:

Again, good luck!!

Kelsey712 said...

have fun tonight! It's definitely going to be a good football night... Cold!

Meant to be a mom said...

Good luck, that's great that they made it this far. What an accomplishment.

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved