Wednesday, December 8, 2010

State Championship Game


The Patriots played one heck of a game on Friday night at Western Kentucky University, but sadly it just didn't happen for them! We are still very proud of their accomplishments this year and how hard they have played. The team they were playing are now back to back state champions and have 6 other state football titles. It was an amazing game to watch and see both teams pour their hearts out into the game (minus the horrible calls and official that clearly didn't know his head from his rump...anyways)

I had to leave 10 minutes before the game ended to get to work in time and over heard a entire group of men talking about how this was one of the best state games they had ever seen. I am crossing my fingers that they were scouts and some our boys will get picked up. They truly deserve that.

Whenever Charli Beth and I left our town to head towards Bowling Green Friday afternoon there were people lined up along the side of the road holding signs and cheering. Charli and I may or may not have rolled down the windows yelling and blowing the horn at them. We would never do anything so childish?! haha. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen. I seriously teared up at how everyone was showing their pride in our county. We may not be or have much but we are proud of what we have.

The Final Score
BC Rebels -21
ACS Patriots - 14
Now I'll hush until next fall =)

5 comments:

Erin said...

love this post! What a great time you had!! :)

Kelsey712 said...

haha, Drew and I went to BG Friday night for dinner (we live almost to the Allen County line off Scottsville Road and it took us 30 minutes to get to Riviera Maya (in the Kroger parking lot)... Drew kept saying "what is up with this??" and I told him that half of Allen County was headed to WKU! It was funny! I was so excited for you all :)

Monica said...

I love this post too! Funny how a football team can unite an entire town!

Funny what you said about the ref..... Last basketball season, I saw someone wearing a tee shirt that said "Hey ref, answer your phone,you're missing all kinds of calls." I thought it was hilarious. :)

Kristin said...

HOWDY to my BESTIE!!!! Back from Branson!!! sent you an email!!! plz check ASAP!!!! ;)

Meant to be a mom said...

Your cracking me up girl. I just love that first pic of you and Charli, she is such a cutie with attitude. She's totally posing in this pic. Also your a pretty mama right there by her :)

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved