Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Karma in Parenting

In school I was considered the mean girl. Since I graduated high school and have made friends with former classmates I have heard time and time again "I really hated you in school." "Yep. That was me. The hated girl. Thank the Heaven that people can change and that I changed.

What I am not ready for is my karma. The karma of where me being the mean girl is now going to bite me where the sun does not shine and my girl is going to be the one being bullied. Charli Beth seems to be the girl that makes all kinda of friends. Which is wonderful. I love that she can make friends and pick up a new one in a heart beat. But what I do not like is the fact that her little heart is already being scorned by others. We all know that kids can be mean. Heck, girls are the worse. But does it have to start this young?

Last year in Kindergarten Curtis picked Charli up from school and she was crying her eyes out. She was put in time out after telling her friend that she was a "bad girl" when the little girl called her a dirty name. Why did she call her a bad girl? Because Daddy and I had tried convincing Charli that the little girl mentioned was not the type of friend that she needed. We did tell her that she was a bad girl and needed to find friends that would be nice to her too. Parent fail. This taught us all a lesson. But I still am not prepared for the days of bullying and mean girl fights that are ahead. Of course I am a pro at being mean back but I do not want Charli being the way that I was. I want her to always be able to hold her head high and to mend her heart with courage that new friend come along.

I do cross my fingers that this isn't starting this young. That these stories are made out to be a little more worse than they were. Girls are pros at that as well. Especially Charli since she is the girl that apologizes to me when she is feeling a little "emotional" on some days.

So far it seems that Charli Beth is doing a great job at this. I am so proud of her outgoing ways to not let it effect her entire day. But I am still not prepared to hear the stories or see the notes she writes about her day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so the mean girl in school too! I feel awful now for saying some of the things that I did say (some of those girls deserved what came out of my mouth though). I too will probably be in your shoes one day too. Karma stinks!

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved