Friday, February 7, 2014

A Very Late Elf Post.

Every year I have strived my best to stay away from the dreaded elf. I honestly get way to stressed during the holiday season and overwhelmed with all that is going on. But this year I gave in. 

We decided that if we were going to take this task on, then it was best for us to strive to do it as a Christian version. This is the letter that Mr. Jingle left the night he  arrived:


{Zoom in, I refused to type again. Ha}



Charli was so excited that she kept saying, "I'm going to pass out." Then she fell in the floor in the biggest smile. Score! Mommy and Daddy for the win. 


Then as time went on, I realized there were so so many questions arising. One day Jingle even forgot to move. But that was blamed on Charli having the tummy bug and him just wanting to watch over her. 


No kidding this mischevious little dude wrapped the toilet the day that Bryar and I both had the stomach bug. I mean how does that even happen? Thank goodness Charli knew it was okay for the parents to touch him and his projects since there are so many little hands in our home. 


One day he knocked over her Christmas tree. She was not thrilled about this, at all. 



She left to stay with grandparents one night so he was able to take ride on "Bobby James the horse."





Everyone really cracked up at him being a goof and using the potty. Which I think freaked Bryar out and made him stop using the potty for a while? 


Then, Heaven help us a toddler touched him. There was screaming, tears shed and I thought Charli had cut off a limb. But after explaining the process of writing a letter to Santa to restore Jingle's magic, he was awarded a certificate of health. Thank goodness for second chances. 


Pay no attention to the tape you may or may not be able to see. Seriously, people how do you make these things stay so perfectly? 


Yea... I now see that he looks like he is being put on the cross in the above photo. But he stayed there tightly all night, which was a score for me. 


Bryar loved the snacks that were left out. He would eat on them all day until Charli arrived back home. 



Then Bryar got croup, so he stayed above his bed to keep a close eye on him. Charli called "lame" on this. But Jingle was just to tired to care much at this point. 


He made up for it the next night by being a stinker and hanging their undies on the Christmas tree. Everyone loved this. 



Right before it was time for him to leave, he was touched again by Bryar. Bah-humbug. So after another certificate of health, I was ready for a mild departure. 


Charli made him some crafts and told him just how much she loved him visiting them this year. She was really sweet about it. But... It raised a lot of questions from her seven year old self. So many questions that I have started second guessing the entire process. Maybe I put to much into it, or maybe the entire thing was just not a grand idea? I'm not sure. Will we do it this coming year? I am going to say probably not. We shall see though. 

No comments:

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved