Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Second Kid Syndrome

There will neve be a more pure, sensible statement than simply, "Kids say the darnedest things..." Because let's face it, if even Bill Cosby (gasp...) said the quote, it's more than true. Kids can flat out make you laugh in a moment of discipline. Or in the moment of silence that would one could only die in the middle of, because their kid just yelled "boob" across a church of praying individuals. They'll never cease to amaze us or their ability to make us laugh, cry or even want to die in humiliation like stated above. 

We all know this cute face. His silly faces and heartbreaking dimples are pretty famous around the crowds. But if I want to be an honest parent, I'll admit to all that he suffers from a severe... Terrible case of second child syndrome. 

What is second child syndrome you ask? 


It's where the new boxing gloves of parenthood have already been thrown off. A cute second baby is born and pretty much they believe that everything is free game. Better yet they mischievously use their adorable features to defeat you in ever way possible. You may even spend nights crying because they will not sleep, or not washing their hands consistent as you did with the first. But that's okay, because I'm more than certain that their adorable-ness will defeat any germs that come their way. 

Then again, when bedtime arrives and you try with all of your might to be stern to get them to, "Go to sleep for pete's sake!" Because your moment of "Changry" is about to erupt like a volcano of hot freakin' steaming lava. (Changry; the moment when your children fail to go to bed and you've hit your kid limit for the day, so you become child angry.) 

They kill you by saying things like:

"But i love you with me."


"What are drugs?"


"Why can't I feel my brain? My brain!!! I want to touch it"


"Why isn't my brain inside my arm so I can squish it?"


"Are all people in the hospital on drugs? They're all bad guys, huh?"


"Sleeping isn't fun! Sleeping at night isn't for kids. "


"I'm feeling a little crazy, you may need to just get up." -- I agree kid. 


"But please don't leave, my arms need you."


"Can I just not wear clothes?"


"I think this bed makes me feel sick."


"Will Charli just lay wif (with) me since you not?" (Of course because little brother is "soft" and has skin like a puppy.. Uhm what?)


And your little Mommy heart just glows, giggles and lays back down with them. Because let's face it, tomorrow's another day and we can try to defeat their cute second kid syndrome selves later. For tonight, we shall just be cuddle bugs or hysterical crying sleepy Mommys. Whatever I shall pick, I can only hope that I do it with a grateful loving heart. At least until my point of "Changry" happens...



No comments:

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved