Monday, November 15, 2010

The House That Built Me

You never really know how much the home that you grew up in can mean to you until you move away, and someone new owns it. A place that you can never call home again, but made so many memories of your own in. These memories may be good or bad experiences, but each of these helped bring you to the person you are today. This is not only the house that built me, but the land, church and area that I grew up in, where I left to many memories behind.


This is truly the house that built me.
Looking at this picture you see a old nasty barn, I see the barn that I spent many nights stripping tobacco. The place where I learned to drive a tractor, ride a horse and ran away to whenever I was mad.
You see only a fence, I see it as a the first place that I ever shot a shotgun. It was Christmas, and so cold but I'll never forget how excited I was to have my very own shotgun.
You may see beautiful land; I see the driveway where I crashed my bike one to many times, where a bee flew up my sisters nose, and the land that I went hunting on a blue million times.
The yard that I had to run down numerous times because I was late for the bus, where I played so many games of flash light tag, and kick the can.
The hill that I rolled down a million times, the tree house that not only was a tree house but a pirate ship and war zone.
Seriously, takes my breath away
You see an old barn; I see the creek bottoms that I walked down daily.
The first church that I ever called home.
You see a church that is falling down; I see the church where I bent down on my knees and asked the Lord to save my soul.


This is forever, my home.


16 comments:

Kristin said...

AWWW! I love this! Such a Beautiful place!!! And I love Miranda Lambert and that song!!!! We really are long lost sisters! HA!

AndreaLeigh said...

Oh, that made me tear up. What a beautiful home! I can't even imagine my parents selling my childhood home.

Erin said...

Okay, you are going to crack up, but I was watching the CMA's the other night and every time they showed Miranda Lambert (which was a bunch!), I thought of you! You all look alot alike!! Has anyone else ever told you that?

Anonymous said...

Love it! The house, the barn, the trees, the church! It is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

I've always lived in the same house so it wasn't until my grandparents had to sell their big, beautiful house that I realized just how much it meant to me.I had always LOVED it,but I couldn't believe how I felt once it didn't belong to them anymore.

Charli Beth is so beautiful! ♥

Rosie said...

What a beautiful post and pictures. It reminds me of where I grew up!

Erin said...

I see an amazing place and just think of how amazing all those memories are!! Love this post!

Annie said...

I love that song!! What an awesome post....beautiful pictures.....I bet it was a GREAT place to grow up!!

Kenj said...

I love this song, and honestly the first time I heard it I cried. It has such deep meaning to my childhood. I miss it. I love that you did a post about this.

Elizabeth said...

One of my favorite posts! Reminds me of when I lived in Ky...we lived right by a tobacco field. :) I miss those days!

Heather said...

I absolutely love this post. I love looking at all these wonderful photos of your past. Sweet, sweet memories!

Jen said...

What a beautiful post Paige!!

Aleshia said...

I love this! Such pretty pictures! You can't take away from having a big, old, country yard to play in as a child!

Amy said...

I LOVE this post! I don't listen to a ton of country music, but this song made me cry! My husband and I are in a huge crossroads in our life right now(with his career)and this song really hit home! LOVE IT!

Beautiful childhood home, Paige!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Such beautiful pictures!

Becca said...

That was beautiful Paige!!!

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved