Sunday, November 28, 2010

Deer Season 10'

Warning: Do NOT open this post if you have a problem with seeing dead deer.

To be honest, I am not an "avid" hunter and have not really even been since I was a child until last Sunday. My best friend Taylor and I decided that I should start going with him until gun season ended, then I could pick up bow hunting whenever I got comfortable.

The first morning out, we were only there for about ten minutes before a buck and doe walked around us. There was absolutely no way to get a shot on them, which was a'okay with me because I was nervous wreck.

I had to work every night after that so I was not able to go, although Tay would text me and let me know how the deer were moving. Which was n
ot so good, and from the looks of it no one in the county was having any luck at all.

Saturday morning I got up at 4:30, layered on the clothes like no other and
headed out. We were hoping to see a several deer since we had finally got a cold snap in Kentucky, but once again we only seen two does from a distance. By this time, we were actually ready to go and decided we would just try again later. So we headed back to the stands that afternoon where we waited for what seemed like for.freaking.ever until I looked to my right and seen a deer below.

I looked at Taylor with a famous "deer in headlights look" and told him that there was doe to the right of us, so maybe a buck would be coming soon. Whenever I looked again I seen his little rack and told him that it was a buck but not a very big one.

I was shaking nervous by this point and really wasn't sure that I could hit him for many reasons (I had not shot in a stand before, shot that particu
lar gun, I was scared I was going to shoot his butt, and I shaking out of my britches) but Taylor assured me that I could do it, to just make sure that I shot him in the neck. Finally, I got the courage and thought it was now or never before he ran, so I shot.....

and hit him right in the n
eck! Yay me! =)

He is a small 8 point but for my first buck I'll take it anyday.
--Beggars can't be choosers.--

The funniest part of it was Taylor jumping up and saying "He fell like a bag of sh*t" ..what kind of expression is that?! haha. I swear he cracks me up! He really went out of his way to help me out, not to mention he is gutting the deer for me! I am
very lucky to have him as a friend.

Gun season ended today, so now I will be taking up bow hunting...maybe.

5 comments:

Erin said...

yuck ick and you eat it . . not my thing but GO YOU!!! Awesome that you actually got one . . proud of you but feel bad for the deer ha ha!

Kristin said...

Yay!!!!! Good job!!! so proud!!!!
the hubs is in the kitchen makin deer chili right now!!! YUM~O!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

How fun! My husband and his family are big deer hunters.. I've been just never shot anything. I think I would be too chicken!

Becca said...

OMG! YOU GO GIRL!!! I could never, ever do such a thing but it's really great you did! I think it is too funny that CB is just a grinning next to a dead deer with that big 'ole bow in her hair! LOVE IT!

Elizabeth said...

Woot woot!! :)

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved